The Genealogical Society of Santa Cruz County exists:
- to promote the study of genealogy
- to provide instruction in genealogical research
- to collect information and materials to aid genealogical researchers
- to support the preservation of pertinent local, state, and federal records
- to help YOU find your roots
Our large collection of reference materials is housed in the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, Downtown Branch located in downtown Santa Cruz (see map).
These resources are open to all researchers, during normal library hours, for in-library use only. Society volunteers staff the California History and Genealogy Room for several hours most days, and are available to aid the beginner, to help locate materials, and to suggest research techniques.
We also provide a query service for people who need additional assistance in finding their Santa Cruz County ancestors. Please see Research Assistance.